Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Monster of a Lunch

This weekend we discovered an indoor space with fantastic natural light - the mall foodcourt. Go figure. It has these huge sky lights in the middle, so I didn't need a flash. I needed to take some "leading lines" photos for a group competition on Flickr, so I started shooting away. (I'll post my leading lines photos later.)

Please, no judgment on the chips and french fries. You try getting this kid to eat and then we'll talk.


Mall Lunch

I think I actually like the blown out highlights in the back. They make the photo's white space a little more interesting.



I think he wants my chip, Mommy.
"I think he wants my chip, Mommy."

I don't know why, but this green goblin Happy Meal Toy fascinated me.


Goblin at lunch

Here's the little green guy again. I used Michelle Black's Funky action to saturate the colors and add a little pop.



Wants my Chip 2
"He's really starting to creep me out, Mommy."

I was playing around with selective coloring here. I used Michelle Black's Mocha RAW preset and then layered a faded/vintage version of the photo over the top and left the green coloring in the little goblin.

1 comment:

flutter said...

ok those cheeks...oof!