Sunday, February 10, 2008

Chasing Peacocks

Let's take a little break from pink birds and move on to birds of other colors.

This weekend I took the kids to the zoo and met some friends there. You've seen them in pictures here before. While I think they enjoy having me take pictures of their children, I'm not so sure they're thrilled with my price - allowing me to take pictures of them as well. Anyway, Not Exactly A Princess brought The Pumpkin, W brought her adorable daughter Isabella, and A brought her 2 year old twins. We had a whole pack of kids!

As you may know, children in packs tend to be a bit more rambunctious than they normally are. (Well, at least Hollis is. Holden is already rambunctious without a crowd.) We had a hard time containing their little bodies and big spirits at times. Especially when they spotted something to chase:

Chasing Geese

I kept my camera on a high shutter speed and pointed and clicked. I was thrilled to discover I'd caught the startled geese in mid-flight. But annoyed that they there was that distracting construction site in the background ruining my shot. Oh well. I did what I could to minimize the background.

Then, later on some peacocks decided to strut right across our path. Poor birds. Of course, I didn't help much. I was yelling, "Don't touch the peacocks!" while laughing and snapping pictures with the camera. I suppose it might have helped if I'd actually chased the kids.

Chasing a Peacock

Chasing a PEacock 4 copy

Chasing a Peacock 3 copy

Chasing a Peacock 2 copy

Hmmmm.... In looking through these photos again, I'm seeing a pattern. Holden and Caleb are the ones chasing the birds. No wonder NOEaP and I feel it necessary to drink.

2 comments:

Defiantmuse said...

yikes. peacocks, for the record, are super mean. I remember them attacking me as a child at the Audubon zoo.

Violet said...

love the color! gorgeous