Saturday, February 16, 2008

More Zoo Portraits

I want to share some more pictures from our zoo outing last weekend. I got some great shots of my friend Wanda and her daughter Isabella. I have many shots of Isabella in motion. Like most 2 year olds, she rarely stopped moving.

Isabella was wearing this adorable little red coat. I love red for outdoor shots. It shows up beautifully and provides wonderful contrast for the skin and green grass and leaves. It also provides some lovely opportunities for vintage or selectively colored shots.

Here are some of my favorites of Wanda and Isabella:

W and Isabella

Red Leaves

Sweet Girl

I and W soft glaze

Girl in Red

1 comment:

Trish said...

Your pictures are great! I received a Nikon D80 for Christmas that I'm struggling to use. I keep in on automatic most of the time. Do you use photoshop a lot to "doctor" your photos or do you use different settings on your camera to get the effects, i.e. blurred backgrounds? Have you read any books or taken any classes? Any input you can provide would be great.