Monday, January 7, 2008

Close Up and Personal

Earlier this week, I played around with my old camera to try and get some close-ups with indoor natural light. I took the photos when the light is best in our family room, at about 7:30am. I didn't use a flash. Normally, I get ultra-blurry indoor photos with no flash, even with a tripod or a level surface. These turned out a bit better than usual, but the focus was still a bit off.

I can't wait for my new toy!


I really like this shot. Holden was being intractable and uncooperative, so I got down on the floor with him.



I used the macro setting for this hand shot.


Macro setting again.





Women would kill to have those lips. Darn it. He gets them from T. The eyes are all mine, but Hollis looks just like his father here.


Here, I was trying to focus solely on Hollis's eyes. It's impossible to adjust depth of field with my P&S (point and shoot) camera, so I used some Photoshop blur to compensate for that after the fact.


My favorite of the Hollis close ups. No flash again, but there is a lamp lighting him from the top right hand side.

2 comments:

emily said...

Very intersting shots! I am not convinced I need to learn Photoshop :) I can't wait to see what you do with the nifty settings on the new camera!

Violet said...

I love macro, it's definately one of my favorite features. Great idea to get down the their level, you can really get some great shots that way (the pic of Holden laying on the floor is priceless)