Friday, January 4, 2008

Little H at Mt. Trashmore

Last weekend the hubs and I took H&H to the park at Mt. Trashmore in Virginia Beach. Yes, Mt. Trashmore. I kid you not. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture of the sign for your viewing pleasure. The one to the left is from Places to Go in Virginia Beach. When we first moved here and I saw the sign, all I could picture was a trailer park on a hill. But it's actually a really cool park built on top of trash. It was actually the first landfill park in the world.

Anyway, most of these photos are of Holden since it was my turn to keep him from killing himself watch him. I do have some Hollis photos that I like, and I'll put those up tomorrow. The photos were all taken with my Nikon Coolpix L1 at mid-day. (Sorry, the new camera isn't here yet.) It was pretty cloudy and it began raining right after we left. I had so many great candid shots available to me and frustration with this photo session is really what pushed me to finally get a better camera.

Holden scooches down the "mountain" on his butt.



On top of Mt. Trashmore with the Virginia Beach skyline.


A different angle.


Sailing.
I don't think the open seas could handle Hurricane Holden.


Holden does a lot of climbing.


Fearless.


This one's just adorable even though the focus sucks. I know I'm biased, but I swear that he could be in a Baby Gap ad if I just dressed him better.

4 comments:

jessabean said...

He is really adorable! Can't wait to see more pics and get an update on your photography class!

emily said...

I can't wait to see pictures you don't think you "missed" 'cause these are great!

And I agree, he could be in the Gap ads :)

Robin said...

I love that park!! My husband remembers going there to skateboard when it first opened up.

Jen said...

He totally could be in a GAP ad. No joke.