Thursday, January 24, 2008

Vintage Holden

Well, I started my photography class this week. I'll post about that a bit later, with a few of my "homework" photos.

For now, I have some images I altered in Photoshop to share. I've been using Photoshop Elements for at least 3 years. I'd finally reached the limitations of the software and kept finding all these neat thing I wanted to do that you can only do in Photoshop CS (the $700 professional version). Argh. So, I downloaded the 30 day free trial from Adobe and I bought some discounted CS3 software that should be here soon.

I'm already thrilled that I did it. Here are a few pictures:

Vintage Holden

I used the V! Revolution Vintage Bleach RAW preset by Michelle Black and overlaid a texture at 35% opacity. Then I used the burn tool in a few areas around the face and around the edges of the photo to give it a vignette look. Oh yes, I also erased or seriously lightened the texture overlay for most of Holden's face.


Vintage Holden 2

Here, I used Michelle Black's Moderna Barely X RAW preset and a Michelle Black texture with some burning to again create a vignette look.



Luscious Hollis

This is the Moderna Luscious X RAW preset. Guess who made it? Yep, Michelle Black again.



Violet and Chocolate Hollis

This is the Michelle Black Black and White Rich Mocha RAW preset with a violet satin texture overlay by Leenda K set at 25% opacity.


I love these RAW presets by Michelle Black. She also has some wonderful actions for Photoshop CS that I love as well. Her Essential Black and White conversions are gorgeous, with rich depth and colors. I love the Rich Mocha preset so much, I may eat it.

1 comment:

Christine said...

dear lord that vintage hollis is awesome!